- My Account
- Timebanking Resources
- Submit Support Requests
- Community Weaver 3
- A New TimeBank
- Community Weaver 2
What's new in Community Weaver 2.0 (for coordinators)
Welcome to Community Weaver 2.0! TimeBanks USA has created a new online help guide to help you make this transition. First, there are some new features we are excited to introduce you to in Community Weaver 2.0 (note: there is another version of this page designed for your members).
The most exciting thing about Community Weaver that makes it fundamentally different from Community Weaver 1.0 is that it is open source. It is built on the open source platform drupal and combines modules created by many others, plus a few more created by TimeBanks USA, and all of that source code is available for anyone to see and use.
Another benefit of the design of Community Weaver 2.0 is that, unlike Community Weaver 1.0, each TimeBank is now its own site with its own domain and database. This means that you can make small or quite extensive changes to your own site without affecting others.
It took more than a year of work and significant investment of time and money by many people to create this tool for you. We hope you'll enjoy:
- Expiration Dates - All service ads (offers and requests) are automatically set to expire in 3 months from the day they are created in Community Weaver 2.0. This date can be changed at any time by the member or a coordinator.
- Locations - User's locations are displayed on a Google Map on the user's profile in Community Weaver 2.0.
- Transactions between Multiple Members - Transactions can be recorded between two users or between one user and several other users in Community Weaver 2.0.
- Users can sign up for multiple different Community Weaver site with the same email address. They can still only have one email address registered with any given TimeBank.
- Coordinators can change the layout and theme of their own Community Weaver sites from the Control Panel. They can also add new pages and other site content from the Control Panel. Sites can be customized even more by experienced Drupal developers. Developers who want to work on your site need to request Site Admin access. Geek Gene also offers several customization packages to help you customize your own site.
- Community Weaver 2.0 has a number of new ways to send broadcast emails to all members. You can send very tailored mass emails directly from your Control Panel based on specific search criteria such as what neighborhood members live in. Check them out.
Changes from Community Weaver 2.0
- You may be accustomed to finding members through the Community Weaver 1.0 Member Directory or Member Search. You can still find members by any of the search criteria you used in Community Weaver 1.0 in Community Weaver 2.0, but you may need to accustom yourself with how to perform these searches in Community Weaver 2.0. The Member Roster in Community Weaver 2.0 automatically sorts by most recent members, not an "A-Z" directory. You can still quickly find any member by their name, username, or email address. See Search and Find Members.
* Where is the "Member Directory" (or "Advanced Member Searches") - To find members based on their name, username, email addresses, neighborhood, affiliation, location, user permission levels, birthdays, or other profile information, go to the Control Panel and click on Admin Member Rosters & Reports (RSS & CSV) under Members in the right-hand column to search for members based on any of these critera or more.
* How do I make a "Contact List Report" - To create a report of contact information for all of your members, go to the Control Panel and click on Admin Member Rosters & Reports (RSS & CSV) under Members in the right-hand column. Filter your search if needed, and click on the CSV icon in the bottom left-hand corner of the page. This will produce a spreadsheet of user information including contact information.
- There are three different levels of Coordinators in Community Weaver 2.0 - Primary Coordinators, Coordinators, and Assistant Coordinators. Assistant Coordinator is a new type of Coordinator permission level in Community Weaver 2.0 who is able to see but not edit more private information about members (contact information, exchange history, coordinator notes, etc.) and does not have the ability to edit aspects of your site itself. You are allowed to have as many of each of you like.
Note: Only the Primary Coordinator from Community Weaver 1.0 will be automatically imported into Community Weaver 2.0 as the site's Primary Coordinator. To be safe, all other Coordinators are only imported as Assistant Coordinators. Primary Coordinator must upgrade them to higher permission, if you prefer.
- "Alerts" means something new in Community Weaver 2.0, different than what it did in Community Weaver 1.0. Alerts and Announcements add information to the home page of your Community Weaver site, and neither generates emails to members of your TimeBank. Use the broadcast email tool to send mass emails to members.
- Members must have email addreses in Community Weaver 2.0. Members without email address were imported into Community Weaver 2.0 with fake email addresses using this convention: offline_[username]_[userID]@timebanks.org. Nothing will happen if you send emails to these email addresses.
After Your Site Launches
Please note that the Primary Coordinator of your TimeBank should configure the following things about your new Community Weaver site as soon as you can after it launches:
- Upgrade any Additional Coordinators to Coordinators or Primary Coordinators, if you would like for any of them to be able to see the Control Panel. See #2 above to understand why you must do this.
- Ask members to update their birthdays on their user profiles. These were not imported from Community Weaver 1.0 (sorry, long story...).
- In order for service ads and exchange expiration dates to function properly, you should Configure your Time Zone Settings.
- Edit your homepage, footer, mission, and logo. The html for each of these was imported from you Community Weaver 1.0 site but the layout and styling of Community Weaver 2.0 is different than 1.0, so it may not look quite right here and you probably want to adjust it.
- Let us know your ideas for improving Community Weaver in future releases.