- My Account
- Discussion Forums
- Submit Support Requests
- Timebanking Resources
- A New TimeBank
- Community Weaver 3
- Community Weaver 2
Frequently Asked Questions - Directory of Timebanks
- How can I FIND a Timebank in the directory?
- How can I CONTACT a timebank in the directory?
- Why doesn't the Directory of Timebanks show the current NUMBER of MEMBERS in my Timebank?
- Why doesn't my timebank appear on the MAP?
- How can I EDIT my Timebank's information in the DIRECTORY of TIMEBANKS?
- My Timebank's PINPOINT is not on the map, but another Timebank nearby is on the map.
- How can I change the contact EMAIL for my Timebank in the directory?
Directory of Timebanks
In the Directory of Timebanks use the search function to look for the name, state, ctiy, state or country of a TImebank.
You can also look for the pinpoint on the map to find a timebank near you. Do not overlook that you may have to zoom in to see the different Timebanks that are located very near each other, for example in the same city. If they are located very close to each other, the pinpoints will overlap.
WARNING: Currently some Timebanks are not shown with a pinpoint. If you are a coordinator of a TImebank and there is not piinoint for it, submit a support request in the Action Hub.
You can as see a list of Timebanks in the following categories:
- Click on the "UNITED STATES LIST"
- Click on the "CANADA LIST"
- Click on the "INTERNATIONAL LIST"
To search a list you can use your web browser's search function.
To contact a TImebank listed in the directory, click on the yellow envelope icon next to the Timebank's name. You will be presented with a contact form which will send your email to the primary coordinators of that Timebank.
The number of active members in your timebank in the Directory of Timebanks is only updated once every 24 hours.
If your Timebank's profile at Action Hub does not have the correct address information, the map software will not set a pinpoint. The Action Hub user who is the entered as the responsible person for your TImebank can edit your Timebank's profile.
The person responsible for your TimeBank's has to login to their Action Hub account and edit the location of your TImeBank. Login to Action Hub, click on the tab "My Account" and you will see on the lower left of the page under "Manage My Timebanks" your Timebank's name.
Please note: If your Timebank is not listed on your "My Account" page then your Action Hub account is not registered as the one responsible for your Timebank. If you are the peson responsible for your Timebank, contact the Timebanks USA office to get your Action Hub account registered for your Timebank.
If you see your Timebank's name, click on the "Edit" link next to it. You can now edit your Timebank's profile in the Directory of Timebanks.
PLEASE NOTE: On October 25, 2011 the TimeBank's addresses were imported into the TimeBank directory as they were stored in CW1, with state's initials instead of full state names (e.g. "ME" instead of "Maine"). Unfortunately, the map program can't recognize initials, so you'll need to re-save your address with the full state name in order for the map tool to recognize your address and place a marker on the map.
So, go the the section "Location" and type your full state name in the state field. It should auto-complete state names it recognizes. For the map to work best, please also include your Timebank's street address and postal code. Click on "Save" and check the map.
Please note that the information recorded in your Timebank's profile is the information that Timebanks USA uses when it wants to contact your Timebank. As the Action Hub develops you, as the Network Affiliate for your Timebank, will also be able to see your Timebank's status, renewal date and payment information.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
The person responsible for your TimeBank, the Timebank Affiliate, can edit their Timebank's directory information. The information recorded in the Timebank's profile is used for the display in the Directory of Timebanks.
Once every day your logo and your mission statement are copied from your Timebank's database into your Timebank's profile in the directory. For that reason you can not edit them directly in the profile of your Timebank in the directory. The number of your active members is also updated in ther directory once every day.
To edit yout Timebank's profile:
- Login to Action Hub,
- Click on the tab "My Account" and you will see on the lower left, of the page under "Manage My Timebanks" your Timebank's name.
- Click in "Edit next to your timebank
- You can now edit your Timebank's profile in the Directory of Timebanks
NOTE: If your Timebank is not listed on your "My Account" page then your Action Hub account is not registered as the one responsible for your Timebank. If you are the Timebank Affiliate for your Timebank, contact Timebanks USA to get your Action Hub account registered for your Timebank.
As the Action Hub develops the Timebank USA Affiliate for your Timebank, will also be able to see your Timebank's status, renewal date and payment information and will also be able to pay your Timebank's fees with this access.
Please keep your Timebank's profile up-to-date.
If two Timebanks are located very near each other, their pinpoints may overlap. Please enlarge the map and as you zoom in the two pinpoints will show each timebank separately.
It depends upon where you want to change the address.
- The yellow envelope icon in the directory uses the email addresses in the "Contact us" link in your Timebank. To change that email address see Manage the "Contact Us" Form.
- In the Directory of Timebanks your TImebank lists a "Timebank Contact". To change that email address, change the email addrerss of that person's Action Hub account.
- To change the email addrss of your Timebank's Affiliate, change the email address in that person's Action Hub account.